The Langmead lab has developed the world’s first algorithm for closed-loop optimization in cloud laboratories. The emergence of commercial robotic Cloud Laboratories (ex. Emerald Cloud Lab) presents exciting new opportunities for automating scientific research. The new algorithm, named PROTOCOL (PaRallel OptimizaTiOn for ClOud Laboratories), enables closed-loop AI-driven cloud labs by automatically selecting and executing experiments to achieve a user-defined objective. PROTOCOL introduces a novel approach to asynchronous parallel Bayesian optimization and is probably optimal. Specifically, it achieves exponential convergence with respect to simple regret. The algorithms has been demonstrated on the Emerald Cloud Lab and has been published in a paper in the journal...
- CMU CompBio Researchers Take Leading Roles in NIH SenNet Program
- Research Shows Promising Results for Parkinson’s Disease Treatment
- Planned “Cloud Lab” to provide exceptional opportunity to MSAS students
- GEM Fellowship applications due soon
- Carnegie Mellon University and Emerald Cloud Lab to Build World’s First University Cloud Lab