Work Phone: 412-268-5844
Work Email: email@example.com
How does a pathogen cause infection? That is the question that drives our research. Our studies focus on Candida albicans, a leading fungal pathogen that can cause both mucosal and invasive infections. Invasive Candida infections cause over 10,000 deaths per year in the USA, and over 400,000 deaths per year worldwide. Our overall objectives are to define the determinants of pathogenicity and drug responses in order to identify strategies to improve diagnosis and therapeutics.
- CMU CompBio Researchers Take Leading Roles in NIH SenNet Program
- Research Shows Promising Results for Parkinson’s Disease Treatment
- Planned “Cloud Lab” to provide exceptional opportunity to MSAS students
- GEM Fellowship applications due soon
- Carnegie Mellon University and Emerald Cloud Lab to Build World’s First University Cloud Lab